1 medium cabbage, shredded
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 medium carrot, grated
1 green pepper, chopped
1 tbsp salt
1. Add salt to the cabbage; let stand 1 hour.
2. Squeeze out fluid from the cabbage.
3. Add the carrots, celery and green pepper to the cabbage
4. Add the syrup from recipe below.
1 cup cider vinegar
¼ cup water
1 tsp mustard seed
1 tsp celery seed
2 cups sugar
1. Mix and boil all ingredients for 1 minute.
2. After boiling, let cool to lukewarm and then pour over cabbage.
This slaw can be frozen in containers for future use if desired.
1 pkg Knorr dry vegetable soup mix
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
1. Mix all together and refrigerate, covered.
2. Serve with Hawaiian Bread cut into a bowl shape; use the cut out bread chunks on the side of the bowl for dipping.
3. When they are gone, just use the pieces broken from the bread bowl for dipping!
10 to 12 medium potatoes, boiled, drained, cooled & cut into dices
½ lb Velveeta cheese, cut into chunks
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small jar pimientos, cut in small pieces
2 tsp salt
½ cup melted butter
1 tbsp parsley flakes
1. Mix the potatoes, cheese, onion and pimientos in a large, uncovered casserole.
2. Add mixure of salt, butter and parsley, and mix gently.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
This can be made the day before, refrigerated and baked the next day. Be sure to cover the pan while in the refrigerator, and let it come to room temperature before baking.
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
½ cup shortening
1 cup sugar
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup crushed pineapple
1. Mix in usual way.
2. Drop on greased cookie sheet by teaspoon.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
Linda's note: You can easily double this recipe. I also like to add raisins to this.
2 lbs ground beef
14 oz jar pizza sauce
8 oz pkg shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1. Reserve ½ cup shredded cheese and ½ cup pizza sauce for the topping.
2. In a large bowl, mix remaining cheese, remaining pizza sauce, ground beef, bread crumbs and egg.
3, Press firmly into a loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, and pour the ½ cup pizza sauce over the top. Return to oven and bake another 30 minutes.
5. When done, sprinkle with reserved cheese, and let stand till it is melted.